Geely Automobile is an investment holding
company referred to as the 'Company' with a list of subsidiaries referred to
collectively as the 'Group' in the annual report. Geely is a publicly listed,
limited liability company incorporated in the Cayman Islands (not sure what
that means for the company?) It lists its shares on The Stock Exchange of Hong
Kong Limited (SEHK). Geely Automobiles parent company is a privately owned
holding company, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Company Limited, which is the
controlling shareholder of Geely Automobile.
The parent company is solely owned by Li Shu Fu, who is also the chairman of Geely Automobile Holding Limited (the company). Is this common among other companies and its parent? I am also unsure of where the parent fits into the financial statements as they just say 'Consolidated' which I assume is just the 'Group'?
The parent company is solely owned by Li Shu Fu, who is also the chairman of Geely Automobile Holding Limited (the company). Is this common among other companies and its parent? I am also unsure of where the parent fits into the financial statements as they just say 'Consolidated' which I assume is just the 'Group'?
One key thing I have noticed is that the
company has reported quite a drop in profit from the last few year which it
attributes to decline in sales and unrealised foreign exchange loss, which I
can clearly see by a drop in revenue from last year in the income
statement and the large foreign exchange loss on the cash flow statement
however it also states a reshuffle of their sales and marketing system plays a
large part in the drop by I cannot see where this would affect the profit as
there is no large out lays of expenses that I can see.
What also confuses me is that the financial
position of the company, in particular the equity has increased on last year’s
figure which if profits were down how does this work?
Can anyone explain the purpose of the
Corporate Governance Report? Is is just for the external shareholders that may
not be part of the board to get a deeper understanding of the running's of the
company?
Lastly, how are others companies balance
sheets set out? My company has the current assets and non-current assets at the
top which is the same as how I have seen a balance sheet before, but the
non-current assets were listed first before the current then followed by
current liabilities (which seems normal), but then the non-current liabilities
are after the equity on the statement in which the amount that 'balances' is
ultimately current and non-current assets minus current liabilities equals
equity plus non-current liabilities. Following the normal accounting equation
however assets minus liabilities still equals equity. I also noticed that the
assets were in no particular order and that cash was listed as the last asset.
Thank you for any feedback anyone is able to give :)
No comments:
Post a Comment